Fleet Modernization – Recapitalization
Quickly upgrade fleets with the latest configurations and technologies.
Technologies progress, terrains change and threats evolve as missions move from one environment to the next. It is not always viable to replace entire fleets to remain ahead of tomorrow’s encounters. Oshkosh® recapitalization services respond rapidly with vehicle enhancements, reducing total life cycle costs. Upgrade vehicles to the latest configurations, quickly returning them to operation with the same performance and life cycle cost advantage of a new vehicle. Vehicles come off the line in zero-mile, zero-hour condition.
- Typically 25% less than the cost of a new vehicle
- Capacity to modernize vehicles in 100 days or less, in any environment
- Get the same performance and life cycle cost advantages of a new vehicle
- Includes new bumper-to-bumper warranty
- Integrate new technologies: brighter headlights, improved armor, air ride suspension, and more
- Lean strategies help reduce vehicle life cycle costs
Backed by 50 Year of Modernization Experience
- 50 years modernizing Oshkosh and competitor vehicles
- Completed over 700 underbody improvement kit (UIK) upgrades within two months
- Established 10 operations in Afghanistan in less than 60 days
U.S. Army Family of Heavy Tactical Vehicles (FHTV) Success
Oshkosh has remanufactured nearly 12,000 FHTVs, including Oshkosh Heavy Expanded Mobility Tactical Trucks (HEMTT) and Palletized Load Systems (PLS) for the U.S. Army since 1995.