Effective date: July 1, 2020
- The types of information Oshkosh collects
- How Oshkosh uses the information Oshkosh collects
- How Oshkosh may share the information Oshkosh collects
- Third-Party services and content
- Protection and storage of the information Oshkosh collects
- Your choices and rights
The types of information Oshkosh collects
Oshkosh collects your personal data when you provide it to us, for instance by visiting our website, meeting our team at trade events, contacting us, purchasing goods, or by entering into a contract with us. “Personal data” is any information that can be used to identify you or that Oshkosh can link to you. The categories of information that we may collect directly from you include the following:
- Identifiers, such as your name, postal address, email address, account name, and other similar identifiers;
- Commercial information, such as products or services purchased, or other purchasing or consumption histories or tendencies;
- Financial information, such as bank or credit card numbers;
- Professional information, such as employer or job title;
Information we automatically collect about you Oshkosh may automatically collect certain information when you use, access, or interact with us via our websites, for instance via browser settings or cookies. Oshkosh may also collect information from other sources such credit reference agencies or social media platforms that may share information about how you interact with our social media content, or if you interact with us via our social media accounts. You may be able to limit our ability to automatically collect certain types of information by adjusting the cookie settings on your web browsers. These categories of information include:
- Identifiers, such as unique device identifiers, cookie numbers, IP addresses, and other persistent identifiers;
- Geolocation data, such as precise location;
- Commercial information, such as products or services purchased, content downloaded from our sites, or other purchasing or consumption histories or tendencies; and
- Internet or other electronic network activity information, such as information regarding your interaction with any websites, applications, or devices associated with our business.
All personal data you provide to Oshkosh or that we (automatically) collect is voluntarily. However, without providing certain data, for instance your email address or phone number or phone number, we may not be able to respond to your request or deliver our services.
How Oshkosh uses the information Oshkosh collects
Oshkosh will only process personal data where it has a legal basis to do so. Oshkosh may use the information Oshkosh collects:
- To enter into a contract or settlement, or to take steps at your request prior to entering into a contract or settlement (such as account registration or to perform credit checks);
- To respond to your inquiries, to provide you with services that you request, to communicate with third parties in the handling of claims or complaints, to maintain business administration records and prevent fraud, which is our legitimate interest;
- To keep records and administration on how services were provided, claims and complaints were handled, including the documents underlying such services, claims and complaints, which is our legitimate interest;
- To understand how people use our websites and services, to operate, maintain and improve our website and services, to send direct marketing communications, which is our legitimate interest;
- To comply with legal obligations applicable to Oshkosh, such as respond to legal process or requests for information issued by government authorities or other third parties;and
- To protect the rights and safety of us, you, or others.
EU personal data will be transferred to and stored in the US at a server of Oshkosh or affiliated companies in compliance with the European General Data Protection Regulation and other applicable laws. If you have questions about the appropriate safeguards Oshkosh has in place or wishes to obtain a copy of such safeguards, please contact us via email@example.com.
How Oshkosh may share the information Oshkosh collects
Oshkosh and its affiliated entities share information with each other or with third-party service providers for general business purposes pursued by Oshkosh, such as internal administration, billing, claim handling and services, and providing you or your organization with services. Unless otherwise specified, Oshkosh and its affiliated entities will only use your information in the ways described in this Policy. The following categories of your personal information may be shared with these parties:
- Commercial information;
- Geolocation data;
- Internet or other electronic network activity information;
- Financial information; and
- Professional information.
Third-party services and content
Protection and storage of the information we collect
Oshkosh deploys administrative, technical, and physical safeguards designed to safeguard the information that Oshkosh collects. However, no information system can be 100% secure. This means that Oshkosh cannot guarantee the absolute security of your personal data. Moreover, Oshkosh is not responsible for the security of information you transmit to us over networks that Oshkosh does not control, including the Internet and wireless networks. Oshkosh retains the information Oshkosh collects in an identifiable form as reasonably necessary and only for as long as required to fulfill the purposes for which Oshkosh collects the information and to comply with our legal obligations.
Your choices and rights in applicable jurisdictions
OSHKOSH collects certain information by automated means when you visit our websites. By collecting this information, OSHKOSH learns how to best tailor our websites to our visitors. OSHKOSH collects this information through various means such as “cookies,” “web beacons”, and “IP addresses” as explained below.
Like many companies, OSHKOSH uses “cookies” and “web beacons” (also known as internet tags, pixel tags and clear GIFs) on our websites. Cookies are bits of text that are placed on your computer's hard drive when you visit certain websites. Web beacons allow us to obtain information such as the IP address of the computer that downloaded the page on which the beacon appears, the URL of the page on which the beacon appears, the time the page containing the beacon was viewed, the type of browser used to view the page, and the information in cookies set by the third-party. OSHKOSH uses the information collected from these technologies to compile reports and help us improve the website.
For example, a cookie might tell us whether you have visited us before, the number of visitors to the website, which site a visitor has come from, the pages they visited, and to help us identify site features in which you may have the greatest interest. Cookies may enhance your online experience by saving your preferences while you are visiting a particular site.
OSHKOSH also collects IP addresses. An IP address is a unique identifier that certain electronic devices use to identify and communicate with each other on the Internet. When you visit our websites, OSHKOSH may view and/or store the IP address of the device you use to connect to the Internet. OSHKOSH uses this information to determine the general physical location of the device and understand from what regions of the world our website visitors come from. OSHKOSH also may use this information to enhance OSHKOSH's websites.