Unmanned Ground Vehicle
WHEN YOU’D RATHER NOT SEND ANYONE.
OSHKOSH DEFENSE® TERRAMAX® UNMANNED GROUND VEHICLE TECHNOLOGY.
Operator Control Unit & Interface
Even before the U.S. Armed Forces announced a goal to have one-third of operational ground combat vehicles unmanned by 2015, Oshkosh Defense was deep into the development of robotic technology. The result is the Oshkosh Defense® TerraMax® UGV, a vehicle kit system that advances perception, localization and motion planning to protect Warfighters from IED threats and increase performance in autonomous missions.
Designed for use on any tactical wheeled vehicle and backed by thousands of miles of field testing, the Oshkosh TerraMax UGV is capable of supervised autonomous navigation in either a lead or follow role. Its multi-sensor system combines with novel registration techniques to provide accurate positioning estimates without needing to rely on continuous tracking through a lead vehicle or GPS signals.
When equipped with the Oshkosh TerraMax UGV, each vehicle is capable of navigation to the objective independently. This not only facilitates tight convoy formation, but also enables the composition of the convoy to change as demanded by traffic conditions, road blockages or other obstructive situations.
Since it’s designed, engineered and built by Oshkosh, the Oshkosh TerraMax UGV is fully integrated onto the vehicle to minimize system vulnerability while enabling Advanced Driver Assist Systems such as Electronic Stability Control, Collision Mitigation Braking and Adaptive Cruise Control. This provides for more streamlined installation, safer operation and more advanced autonomous control.
- Capable of supervised autonomous navigation in either a lead or follow role
- Modular system can be integrated onto any military vehicle
- Tightly integrated “x-by-wire” brakes, steering, engine and transmission enable Advanced Driver Assist Systems
- Robust, multi-modal sensor suite consisting of LIDAR, radar and multispectral vision
- Advanced machine learning techniques applied to perception and motion planning
- Operation in GPS denied environments
User-friendly Operator Control Unit (OCU) allows operators to create/load route information and observe/manage internal operations and autonomous systems status over tactical data links
- Allows a single operator to control multiple UGVs
- Displays only immediately necessary information
- Facilitates swift input to maintain convoy tempo
- Requires only infrequent monitoring by operator
- Ruggedized tele-operation controller
- Easy to learn interface is immediately familiar to today’s users
OSHKOSH DEFENSE RECEIVES CORPORATE SAFETY AWARD BY WISCONSIN COUNCIL OF SAFETY More »
OSHKOSH DEFENSE TO FEATURE HIGHLY PROTECTED AND TRANSPORTABLE JLTV VEHICLES AT AUSA GLOBAL FORCE SYMPOSIUM More »
THE U.S. ARMY AWARDS OSHKOSH DEFENSE THE CONTRACT FOR THE FAMILY OF MEDIUM VEHICLES A2 VARIANT More »
OSHKOSH DEFENSE AND U.S. MARINE CORPS CELEBRATE IOC MILESTONE FOR P-19R AIRCRAFT RESCUE FIRE FIGHTING VEHICLE More »
U.S. ARMY PLACES $106 MILLION ORDER FOR 416 JOINT LIGHT TACTICAL VEHICLES More »